Monday, July 20, 2009

Wish List for Next Year....Already?!

Come on. I'm sure I'm not the only one with a wish list for next season. Am I? I have already purchased seeds for Sun Gold tomatoes and Baby Bear pumpkins. Yes. Already. Now I'm trying to research the best determinate paste tomato that has a heavy yield for next year's sauce-making. I am currently trying to pick one or two of the following to find seeds for: Rio Grande (I think it's in the lead for the moment), Martino's Roma, Heidi, and Classica (a hybrid). I would prefer an heirloom or open-pollinated, heavy yielding, determinate, but a hybrid did make it to the finals. Now the challenge is choosing between them. That is going to take a lot more research to see what other people think of them. Although the more I research, the longer the list gets which is fine, but making a decision is getting more tough. I only have about 10 spaces for tomato plants, so I don't want to jump the gun and buy seed before I look at all my options. I'm always open to suggestions. So let me know what your favorite meaty, sauce tomato is and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment