Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Latest Additions

I have added a few plants in the last couple of weeks. I found a great sale at Kmart on 'Goldmound' spirea. I also ordered a 'Black Lace' Sambucus to add some nice burgundy foliage to my back hedge and a 'Vanilla Spice' clethra. The clethra is something I had never heard of. I decided to try something new, because I had credit I needed to use. The description said they are good for butterflies. I hope so. My favorite addition may be the 'Little Henry' sweetspire though. I never even considered getting one until I saw it covered in pollinators at the nursery. They had a huge selection of trees, shrubs, and flowers yet everything flying around seemed to want to get a piece of the sweetspire. A plant that attracts that much activity is exactly what I want for my garden. It has white shoots of flowers with a soft, sweet scent. Here is a picture of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment