Thursday, May 19, 2011

Rain. Rain. Go Away.

How do clouds hold all this moisture? I mean, seriously! All this rain has me a bit worried. I've noticed that my Earliglow strawberries have started to blush. It has rained non-stop for a week and doesn't look like it will stop until Sunday. These might be some pretty bland berries. :( The peonies are getting ready to open. Here's Felix Crousse. I'm hoping he'll hold out for 2 or 3 more days so he doesn't get battered by the storms.
A sole, dwarf cosmos flower. Like a mini ray of sunshine on a dreary day.
The Golden Acre cabbage is in bloom. Very pretty in person. The heaviest storms beat it down a bit. It would actually be quite ornamental planted in a group. I'm hoping to get free seed for next season.
Pink Champagne clematis.
The same clematis with the birdhouse I made. I decided that this would be a nice spot for a lucky bird family. I hope they agree and someone moves in soon!
Now I will go look at the garden through the window. Wishing that the rain will stop. Happy gardening!

2 comments:

  1. Don't be despondent you may need all the rain that is coming, who knows maybe a dry season is coming and your being prepared for it. :o)

    ReplyDelete