Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Latest Additions

My father-in-law said last season, "Have you seen the begonias they have now?" So, as a surprise, I bought him a gorgeous Nonstop Yellow Tuberous Begonia at Jake's Greenhouse. I loved it so much that I bought myself one as well. A bright plant for my shaded back porch. I will definitely save the tubers at the end of the season, so I can have these beauties again next year.While I was there I bought an Imperial Blue Sedum that was on sale. I thought it would contrast nicely with all the green foliage around it.
Last night I planted all my new Elephant Bush from Lowes in the top of this strawberry pot. Then I filled in all the pockets with the babies I snapped off a Hens and Chicks that I got a few weeks ago. My other strawberry planter is filled with the remaining Hens and Chicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment