Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Rip Van Winkle and Record-Breaking Heat

Well, the Rip Van Winkle daffodils did open up more completely (front of above photo). They now look like large dandelions. Usually I'm happy with ANY bloom that pops up in my garden, but I wish I would have chosen a different variety last fall. They do have a long bloom period though. I have to give them credit for that. They are blooming longer than the Tete-a-Tete's and are thriving in the unseasonable heat. It's been 20 to 30 degrees above normal. Yesterday we hit 88 to break the record of 86. I heard on the news that Miami has reached a high of only 87 so far this year. We're hotter than Miami, and it's going to be another hot, humid day today nearing the 90s.

1 comment:

  1. You can have your high of 88F, I'll keep my temperate low 70's. =)

    ReplyDelete