Tuesday, May 1, 2012

What's worse than having the stomach flu and severe head cold AT THE SAME TIME like I do right now?  This.  I cut this off the top of my Lady Emma Hamilton rose from David Austin.  I looked it up to be sure.  Definitely Rose Rosette Disease.   :(  There is no cure.  The only suggestion is to dig up the plant (roots and all) and burn it.  It's the only way to protect the other roses.  It's RARE that I would spend $40 on a plant (includes shipping).  I would like to think that this is just an opportunity to try something new, but she was just getting into her prime.  Such a lovely rose. 
 On a brighter note, my Earliglow strawberries are starting to ripen.  Three weeks ahead of last year.
Since it was a nice, partly cloudy day, my young plants made their journey from my covered porch to the sidewalk to get a bit more of sun.  With temperatures staying in the mid-50s tonight, they will be able to spend another night outdoors.  Maybe even get to feel a little rain dancing on their leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment