Friday, May 4, 2012

Reading dimensions and visualizing them in your head are two different things.  Here is my new S&K 16 Family Purple Martin Barn.  It seems so much bigger in person than I expected.  I'm not really complaining.  I'm hoping to have a lot of happy bird families living in this very soon.  Since I'm not around water, most likely it will be filled with sparrows.  I don't mind one bit.
This is one of the birdhouses I made this Spring.  A nesting wren pair has already claimed it.  They have been loudly building their nest all day.  They put on quite a show.
This Earliglow is almost ripe!  The underside is a bit pale, but I don't think it'll last until the end of the day.  There are several others just like it!
This white throated sparrow really appreciates something that a lot of people despise.  A tasty dandelion seedhead.  It stayed around quite a while munching on these seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment