LIGHT PUMPKIN COOKIES WITH SPLENDA SUGAR BLEND by KIM
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 10 minutes at 350 degrees
1 cup applesauce (Two 4-ounce individual applesauce cups works very well!)
1/4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend (If you want, you can use 1/2 cup of real sugar)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together the applesauce and sugars in a large bowl.
3. Add in the pumpkin, egg, and vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl mix the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5. Stir flour mixture into sugar mixture.
6. Spray baking sheets with Pam and use a spoon to place cookies 3 inches apart.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
8. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
9. Add your favorite glaze, icing, confectioners sugar, or eat plain.
As you can see I started to sprinkle them with confectioners sugar and realized I should take a picture of them fresh out of the oven first. These were all that was left of the 30 cookies...until the hubby got home. No. No. I didn't eat them all by myself. My dad and kids insisted that I share them.