Saturday, November 21, 2009

Don't Forget Your Free Seeds!

Free seeds. Get your free seeds. It takes nothing more than a few minutes and a few steps out your door.

Although I miss having crops to harvest the fun doesn't come to an end. There is always the fun of seed-saving. Below are seeds from my beans that are dry and ready to store until next season.
Scarlet Runner Beans and Blue Lake Pole Beans

Even if you don't have the time to prepare them ideally, it's still worth saving them. For example, these Jack Be Little pumpkin seeds. Before composting the rest of the pumpkin I cut out some seeds and tossed them on a plate. Since the are just for me I can get away with that. Germination rates aren't a huge concern when you only have room for one or two plants a season.

So don't forget to get your free seeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment