Monday, December 6, 2010

Just Couldn't Control Myself

It's not even winter yet and I have already ordered stuff for the Spring. A Ouachita blackberry plant, Winona strawberries, my beloved Salad Bush cucumber seeds, and...just for fun...a dwarf Meyer lemon tree. I was hoping the Meyer lemon would be sent so I would have something to play with over the colder months, but it looks like Gurney's is waiting until Spring. Next I'll be checking out Dixondale Farms to order my onions for next season. There's still some gardening fun to be had when it's so cold out. It's just of a different kind.

4 comments:

  1. You're right. It is fun and exciting too, as you get to think about how you will be laying out your garden in the spring. Spring is coming... spring is coming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may not be winter yet...but it sure seems like it today!! Before you know it...it will be time to start those seeds!! I'm going to order a Meyer Lemon & lime tree soon. I'm not sure who I'm going to buy it from though..Stay warm :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the Dwarf Meyer Lemon Tree fan club! I think I know of three of us so far ;-) Mine is being taken outside each day, and brought inside at night, even though it's not freezing here. I just like to set it on the coffee table and look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait until I get it. Mine wouldn't be able to go outside right now though. It's in the teens at night and 30s during the day....Ugh. I can't wait until Spring.

    ReplyDelete